Browlift, Forehead lift in Beverly Hills & Los Angeles
One of the Most Appealing Facial Plastic Surgery Procedures
Brow lift procedures, aka Forehead Lift, can be one of the most appealing facial plastic surgery procedures for women and men between the ages of 40 and 65. The brow lift improves the appearance of anger or tiredness that results from folds and wrinkles between the brows, lowered eye brows and sagging skin on the forehead. This appearance can be very misleading and can have an impact on social interaction, even work. Instead, brow lift patients at Dr. Kapoor’s practice in Beverly Hills, California are pleased with the charismatic results that can occur with the brow lift.
Investigating the Brow Lift?
Brow lifts may be a standalone procedure or an adjunct to treatment for blepharplasty and face lift patients. At our practice, we focus on the working with most advanced technology to provide our brow lift patients benefits that will last for many years to come.
Brow lift surgery is usually performed for aesthetic reasons, but may be performed because of lowered eye brows that impede vision. There are several considerations that will be reviewed at the time of an initial consultation to decide on the best approach to the brow lift procedure, including:
- Patient medical history and current health
- Patient goals, while brow lifts create optimal improvements to the forehead, some forehead lines may not respond to the brow lift, Botox may be the solution for such wrinkles
- Patient age
- Degree of sagginess and excessive skin above the eye brows
- Degree of puffiness under the brow and above the eye, a brow lift may be an alternative to treatment for select upper eye lid surgery candidates
- Type of wrinkles and lines above the eyes, between the nose and on the forehead.
- Defining other unique depressions on the forehead
- Height of the forehead in relation to the hairline
- Positioning of the forehead in relation to the eyes and rest of the face
- Review applicable adjuncts to treatment such as injectibles and face lift
- Medical conditions and vision impairment
- Medical necessity should the brow lift be requested for functional reasons such as vision impairment. Insurance may absorb all or a portion of the costs in this case.
Brow Lift Surgery, Forehead Lift: The Procedure
There are primarily two approaches to the brow lift procedure, traditional and endoscopic. The length of time required for the procedure depends upon the approach used in the procedure and any other unique components to the patient’s needs. Generally speaking, the endoscopic approach is shorter providing the surgery does not require a conversion to the open approach which occurs in less than 1% of the patients.
The brow lift is performed under general anesthesia. The procedure may be performed at our state of the art facility or an affiliated hospital. The procedure may be performed simultaneously with a face lift or body plastic surgery procedure.
During a traditional endoscopic procedure, an incision is made from one end of the ear across the top of the head to the other side of the ear, at or a few inches behind the hairline. In the endoscopic approach, tiny incisions at the hairline are made to allow the surgery to be performed. Then, the forehead skin and tissue is lifted, the excess skin is trimmed away and sutured back in place. Finally, anchoring surgical tools will be placed to hold the repositioned forehead in place. Anchoring surgical tools that may be used are: clips, staples, endontine fixation devices, or fibrant sealants which are like tissue glue. At our practice, we use ________________________ because_____________________ . In the end, patients return home on the day of surgery within a few hours time.
Brow Lift Recovery
Brow lift surgery patients usually do not experience significant discomfort following surgery. Pain medication may be used, if required. Patients usually return to work within five or more days of the procedure. For the first few days after surgery, you will be directed to follow post operative instructions which may include, but not be limited to:
- Keep the head in an elevated position
- Refrain from activities that put pressure on the head such as bending over and exercise
- Use cold compresses on the forehead
- Do not go in the sun, use SPF 15 sunscreen thereafter
- Follow all other post operative instructions provide to you
Brow lift, like any medical surgery, may result in a complication. While the risk of complications is very low, it is important to report any possible complications to our office and seek treatment. Some complications may be: infection, excessive bleeding, poor scarring, hair loss, elevated hairline, temporary or permanent numbness in select areas, eye irritation, the requirement of revision surgery. Most complications can be medical managed when treated in a timely fashion.
Brow lifts are truly an attractive procedure for most anyone 40 years of age or older. In addition, the brow lift usually replaces the need for Botox so a more permanent solution at a one time cost can be achieved. When you come in for an initial consultation, you will have the opportunity to view before and after photographs of brow lift patients to compare the type of results you might expect to see. These photos will help set reasonable expectations for your procedure through a highly skilled board certified plastic surgeon that focuses on brow lift surgery.
If you would like to work with Dr. Kapoor, contact the practice of Dr. Kapoor today.